Monday, August 31, 2009

Barefoot in the mountains



Well, the August sun in Cyprus finally got to us and we took off to the mountains to cool off! We took shoes, but of course, within a short space of time, the clan cubs were barefoot again. Sam (6) recommends this approach to hiking because "you can feel the vibrations of the earth" . He's been talking a lot about vibrations recently - vibrations off ants, vibrations off my bed - that's why he's always in it apparently!

We went to the top of Mt Olympus and soaked in the wonderful smells of warm pine forest. I couldn't get enough of it into my lungs! It was so peaceful up there. Well, apart from the pack of wolves that ran wild among the trees, howling and yipping to each other before asking the alpha male if there was any chance of ice cream.



Then we walked the Kaledonia Falls trail, delighting in COLD water which we haven't felt for months now! Sean & Ronan stripped off and got in the freezing waterfall.

All agreed: A Grand Day Out.




























4 comments:

Nicki Wilkins said...

Lesley, Ahhh, vibrations of the earth...barefoot really allows you to feel. Just reading a book to Teddy and Bea just now called Treasure Forest by Cat Bordhi. I think you would all love it. It is about finding the treasure of the forest, "the dearest freshness deep down things." You all are obviously on your way of finding the treasure!

Bleu said...

I love reading about your family's adventures. Your kids are so fortunate to be experiencing these moments. :)

Anonymous said...

I had my first barefoot experience here in the mountains.A few months back I drove into the hills and stopped at a few villages. As, on a whim, I had left my flip flops at home I had to walk everywhere barefoot. A strange experience at first but quite a pleasant one which I shall be doing again in the spring. The wife and I moved over two years ago and I agree, it's a lovely island but getting work - a nightmare! Enjoy your blog by the way

Kristen said...

Hello,

I'm a casting assistant on an American TV show called "House Hunters International." I came upon your blog and loved it. We currently casting episodes of our program and we were wondering if you would be interested in participating with our show. From your blog, you seem like the ideal candidate!

Our show follows house hunters through their search for a home in countries around the world. Participating in our show is a lot of fun and a great way to document your exciting search for a home and new life abroad. In addition, you will receive compensation for your time and efforts.

If you might be interested in participating with our show, let me know and I can send you more information. Please contact househunterscasting@leopardfilms.com.

Have a wonderful day.